Marta R. Costa-jussà is a Telecommunication Engineer by the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC, Barcelona). She received her PhD from the UPC in 2008. Her research experience is mainly in Machine Translation. She has worked at LIMSI-CNRS (Paris), Barcelona Media Innovation Center (Barcelona), Universidade de São Paulo, Institute for Infocomm Research (Singapore) and Instituto Politécnico Nacional (Mexico). She has participated in 18 European (including an IOF Marie Curie Action) and Spanish national projects. She has organised 10 workshops in the areas of MT and IR, taught several tutorials and seminars, and published more than 100 papers in international scientific journals and conferences. She has been cooperating with several companies as a scientific consultant. Currently, she is a Ramón y Cajal Research Fellow at UPC and leading the Spanish Project of DeepVoice. She recently has received the Google Faculty Research Award in the area of Machine Translation.
- Costa-jussà M.R. From Feature to Paradigm: Deep Learning In Machine Translation, Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research, 2018
- Costa-jussà M.R.and Fonollosa, J.A.R. Character-based Neural Machine Translation, Proc. of the ACL, 2016
- ALLIES: Autonomous Lifelong Learning IntelligEnt Systems, CHIST-ERA.
- DeepVoice, Spanish Ministry.
Recent Blogs, Courses and Media
- Política & Prosa: “Dades, màquines i ètica“
- Unbiased MT in The Neural MT Weekly
- Co-Organizer of Postgraduate Course on Artificial Intelligence with Deep Learning, See the interview
- La Vanguardia: “Las máquinas también tienen prejuicios”
- Traducció automàtica neuronal a “El dia de demà”
- Deep Learning revolutionises Speech Technologies
Open PhD Positions
- Applicants should send a 2-page CV with email subject **PhD Application** to marta (dot) ruiz (at) upc (dot) edu