Marta R. Costa-jussà is a Telecommunication Engineer by the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC, Barcelona). She received her PhD from the UPC in 2008. Her research experience is mainly in Machine Translation. She has worked at LIMSI-CNRS (Paris), Barcelona Media Innovation Center (Barcelona), Universidade de São Paulo, Institute for Infocomm Research (Singapore) and Instituto Politécnico Nacional (Mexico). She has participated in 18 European (including an IOF Marie Curie Action) and Spanish national projects. She has organised 10 workshops in the areas of MT and IR, taught several tutorials and seminars, and published more than 100 papers in international scientific journals and conferences. She has been cooperating with several companies as a scientific consultant. Currently, she is a Ramón y Cajal Research Fellow at UPC and leading the Spanish Project of DeepVoice.
- Costa-jussà M.R.and Fonollosa, J.A.R. Character-based Neural Machine Translation, Proc. of the ACL, 2016
- Costa-jussà, M. R. How much Hybridization does Machine Translation Need? Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology (JASIST),6(10):2160–2165, 2015
- ALLIES: Autonomous Lifelong Learning IntelligEnt Systems, CHIST-ERA.
- DeepVoice, Spanish Ministry.
Recent Blogs and Media
Open PhD Positions
- Applicants should send a 2-page CV with email subject **PhD Application** to marta (dot) ruiz (at) upc (dot) edu